Tuesday 3 September 2013

Nostalgia


I'm sure all long term One Direction fans reminisce over X-Factor days, I am definitely one of those fans. Yesterday I watched every single X-Factor video diary, and it got me feeling nostalgic. I hadn't watched them in quite a while and it's amazing to see how far they've come and just how much they have changed.



Something that really got to me though was a few of the things the boys said, I thought I'd share them with you;
A few weeks into X-Factor live shows Justin Bieber performed, and this is what Niall said about it "Justin Bieber said hello to me, and it was pretty weird because he's such a big pop star all around the world"…. this actually gave me goosebumps, it's the fact that now, under 3 years on, One Direction are just as famous and they too are 'big pop stars all around the world'…also, Niall has hung out with Justin on a couple of occasions…crazy really.
In the boys last XF video diary they talk about their homecoming gigs, Harry says "It's really exciting for us that we're going to be doing loads of little gigs like that, some to bigger crowds" ohhh Harry, little did you know that 3 years later you'd have sold out your own stadium tour!
I just look at them and think 'you have no idea whats coming', maybe they had some idea they'd perhaps have success but they can't have imagined anything like the hysteria that now surrounds them.
Something that always chokes me up is when the boys finished in 3rd place and Simon Cowell says "this is just the beginning for these boys"…he could not have been more right.

I always watch the video diaries with such a smile on my face, but also slightly sad because it's almost like looking at different people sometimes. I noticed how much more relaxed One Direction seemed back then, things weren't as scripted or strict, everything was more laid back, comfortable and they seemed more themselves. I don't know whether it's just because they've now matured and of course got older or that they now do have to be careful exactly how they act and what they say because everything gets analysed and picked apart by the press and some 'fans'.

Actually, the thing that shocked me the most was seeing how much Harry has changed…looks wise. With pictures you can't really see it, but when you watch the videos it's pretty amazing. He looks ever so young, baby faced and like a little boy, whereas now he's got so much broader, his face shape has changed, just watch the video diaries (above) and you'll see what I mean.

I made these contrast photos as I was interested to see the change, it's crazy what 3 years can do.


Harry 2011 Harry 2013
Louis has changed more than I realised
Niall hasn't actually changed a huge amount
Liam - boy to a man
Zayn has always given that model pout and stare



Who do you think has changed the most?
What do you miss from XF days?

No comments:

Post a Comment